The Regional District is seeking a knowledgeable, experienced and energetic professional for the position of Director of Environmental Services. Reporting to the Regional District’s CAO, the Director of Environmental Services is accountable for the safe, efficient, and strategic delivery of infrastructure and environmental services. These services include: recycling; solid waste management; landfill and transfer station operations, small water distribution system; small sanitary sewer collection and treatment system, and invasive plant management.
- University degree in environmental or civil engineering;
- Minimum 5 years experience as a senior manager, preferably in a local government setting;
- Demonstrated budget development and oversight, contract administration and project management experience;
- Proven leadership; teambuilding; oral, written and interpersonal communication; and management skills;
- Demonstrated success in maintaining partnerships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to coordinate and oversee multiple concurrent projects and services in a fast paced, dynamic work environment;
- A valid BC Driver’s license.
A combination of equivalent education and experience may be considered.
The Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako provides local government services to a large area of more than 77,000 square kilometers of scenic mountains, rolling hills, lakes and rivers. The office is located in Burns Lake, a dynamic community that is known for its hospitality and as the Gateway to Tweedsmuir Provincial Park. The region offers affordable housing, stunning scenery, and incomparable recreational opportunities such as world class fishing, mountain biking, and cross country skiing.
This is a senior leadership position offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. Applications should be addressed to Melany de Weerdt, CAO, at 37 3rd Avenue - PO Box 820, Burns Lake, BC V0J 1E0 - Fax: (250) 692-3305 - E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org prior to March 31, 2017.
For a complete Director of Environmental Services Job Description: