The Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako will be hiring a summer student in the Regional Economic Development Department. This is a 35 hour per week, 16 week position starting on May 8, 2017 and ending on August 25, 2017. The pay for this position will be $18.86 per hour. The successful candidate is an energetic, motivated, team player who has an interest in community and economic development. Candidates who can demonstrate strong community involvement are preferred.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Reporting to the Manager of Regional Economic Development, the Summer Student will assist with economic development projects such as tourism and agriculture marketing initiatives, social media, and entrepreneurship events. Administrative duties will include research, information compilation, communication with local government officials and the public, and coordination of projects.
- Assist in coordinating and promoting agriculture and entrepreneurship events hosted by the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako and partner organizations.
- Assist with tourism and agriculture marketing initiatives.
- Write stories and blog posts about economic development initiatives in the region.
- Maintain and update Regional Economic Development Department records and files.
- Assist in maintaining, and updating Economic Development Department websites
- opportunities.rdbn.bc.ca, Bulkley-Nechako Directory, visitbulkleynechako.ca
- www.rdbn.bc.ca/economicdevelopment, Regional Image Bank
- Create posts, promote, and monitor social media accounts for tourism, agriculture, and economic development
- Administrative support for the Strategic Workforce Opportunities Team
- Conduct, compile and present research relating to economic development projects.
- Other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Education:
- Enrolment in a post-secondary educational institution with a preference for economic development, business communications, planning, or related field of study.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully perform multiple time sensitive tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with staff, local government officials, and the public.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiencies in internet research, social media, and Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel.
- Creative writing, reporting and/or blogging experience an asset
- Graphic Design/ Visual Art/Photography experience an asset
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to independently travel within the region as required.
- Valid BC driver’s license.
Resumes will be accepted until 4:30pm April 7, 2017 and should be addressed to:
Corrine Swenson, Manager of Regional Economic Development
Subject Line: Resume Economic Development Summer Student
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mail: PO Box 820, Burns Lake, BC V0J 1E0