- Job Posting - Reuse Shed Attendant Position
- RDBN Temporary Employee Job Postings - Regional Business Forum Event Organizer & Startup Business Contest Coordinator
- Northwest BC Resource Benefits Alliance
- Alternative Approval - RESULTS- Smithers and Area Victim Services
- MEDIA RELEASE - Baker Airport
- OCP SURVEY & Draft OCP's
The Regional District Board is made up of 15 elected and appointed directors. The seven rural directors are elected by the public while the eight municipal directors are appointed by their respective council to sit on the board. Each director appoints an alternate director to provide voting representation at all Standing Committee and Board meetings when that Director is absent/unable to attend.
The Regional District Board elects a Chairperson and Vice Chairperson from among its members in December of each year. For the year 2014, Director Miller was elected as Chairperson, with Director Thiessen as the Vice-Chairperson.
Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako Standing & Select Committees
The purpose of Standing & Select Committees is to allow for a number of issues relating to a specific function within the Regional District to be dealt with separately from the Board Meeting. Examples of standing & select committees within the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako include:
- The Forestry Committee deals with forestry related issues in the region and is working towards long term sustainable forestry management for the region.
- The Executive Committee deals with policy/personnel issues and makes recommendations regarding such issues to the Regional Board.
- The Rural Directors Committee deals with rural issues and is comprised of all Rural Directors from Electoral Areas "A" through "G".
Each January, the Regional District Board appoints committee chairs upon recommendation from the Chairperson. The Board Chairperson is automatically an ex-officio member, and a voting member of standing and select committees, with additional membership typically including the Board Members from the service and/or funding areas.