- Job Posting - Economic Development Support Assistant - Student
- Request for Proposals RDBN#2017-03
- Job Posting - Director of Environmental Services
- Job Posting - Regional Transit Service Coordinator
- Northwest BC Resource Benefits Alliance
- Alternative Approval - RESULTS- Smithers and Area Victim Services
Sustainable development is vital to the continued health of our communities, especially within the context of environmental impact and climate change. Local governments have authority to regulate land use and development patterns, which can be influenced to create more complete and self-reliant communities. However, many sustainable practices can only be accomplished by the initiative of private property owners who can voluntarily improve their community and reduce their impact on the environment.
The Regional District has developed a sustainability checklist to be used as part of building permit, rezoning, development variance permit, and temporary use permit application process.
This voluntary checklist is intended to raise public awareness of some important development considerations that can improve the ways in which residents develop their land. The information in the brochure can help residents achieve long term reductions in energy use and maintenance costs, reduce the risk from natural hazards, and reduce negative impacts on the natural environment.